In Board Examination 2010-11, overall result of class XII was 88.24% which includes 83.33% for Science Stream and 95.24% for Humanities. Class X had 100% result and at home front also results were 100% in the session 2011-12.
I am proud to announce that Vidyalaya has received certificate of excellence for class X result from Deputy Commissioner KVS Jammu Region.
Three students, Shruti Bhatt of class XII, Akanksha Bhatt and Upamanyu Joshi of class X were bestowed upon the certificates of merit and a prize money of Rs 5000/- each by the CBSE for their meritorious performance in Board Exams.
National Level & Regional Level Sports Achievements 2011-12:
Apart from academics, our students have made their mark in Regional as well as National Level Sports.
1. 18 Students (Boys & Girls) participated in the 42nd KVS National Sports Meet 2011-2012.
2. In the KVS National Sports Meet, Monika Sharma of class X A (Judo U-19) has won Gold medal and a prize money of Rs.2500/-. She also represented the KVS in SGFI.
3. Two Students Master Karan Singh (U-19) and Master Akash (U-15) bagged silver Medals in Judo event in the KVS National Sports meet and a cash prize of Rs.1500/- each.
4. A total of 05 Gold medals, 33 Silver medals and 30 Bronze medals were bagged by our students in the Regional Sports meet.
Social Science and Science Exhibition:
Science and Social Science exhibitions are being organized to create interest and to extract hidden talents of students.
1. Master Sushant of Class VI represented Jammu Region in National Children’s Science Congress held at KV No.1 Jaipur.
2. Kripali of VIII-A and Dolly of X-A were selected for Inspire Award in Jammu Region.
3. Two exhibits were selected for Regional Level Jawahar Lal Nehru Science Exhibition.
4. 12 Exhibits were selected for the National Level Social Science Exhibition.
Scouts and Guides:-
In the field of scouts and guides also, the school is marching ahead with 50 Scouts and 60 Guides, 200 cubs and 250 Bulbuls under the able guidance of our trained Scouts and Guide Masters.
Five Scouts represented the vidyalaya in the divisional rally at KV 2 Jalandhar Cantt.
Five Gold medals and Three Bronze Medals were bagged by our cubs and bulbuls in various competitions held on Bal Divas at KV No. 2 Pathankot at cluster level.
The Vidyalaya Youth Parliament Team was adjudged champions at the Regional Level and was selected to participate at Zonal Level.
This team secured second position at Zonal Level at K.V. No. 2, Delhi under the able guidance of Ms. Manjesh Jaswal PGT (Economics). Our 8 budding parliamentarians were adjudged best speakers.
To ensure all round development of students and to instill in them the spirit of national integration – a number of Co- Curricular Activities were organized in the session 2011-12. Based on House System various House competitions were held e.g. Hindi/ English Calligraphy , Debate , Poem recitation , extempore speech, Drawing and painting , Essay Writing , Group Songs, Quiz etc. A remarkable aspect of these activities was an effort to bring out the latent talent of students and provide them opportunities to groom their innate abilities.
Hindi Pakhwara: Hindi Pakhwara was celebrated by holding various competitions in Hindi Language related skills.
Proper Education and more important proper assimilation and absorption of knowledge can only occur when there is proper coordination, rapport and equilibrium existing among students, teachers and parents. Parents are the first teachers and teachers are the second parents. The home has to be as much as a replica of the school and the school has to be an extension of the home. In present scenario PTA meets were held to apprise them of the progress of their wards after every Formative Assessments, Summative Assessments and Pre Board Exams. The parents participated actively in it.